Relationships are all about compromise. Giving and taking is part of figuring out what makes your partnership work well, and if someone makes everything about them, that relationship is bound to head towards destruction at some point. Here’s how you can tell if the person you’re dating is more invested in themselves than they are in loving you.
1. They give you the silent treatment all the time. Communication isn’t a priority – they’re passive aggressive all the time. This is emotionally manipulative behavior that shows you a person’s selfishness.
2. They boast + list their achievements at every chance, almost needing to list reasons that validate themselves, and prove themselves as trophies.
3. They act controlling in more contexts than one: in bed, in social situations – they need to have the upper hand and have a stubborn “my way or the highway” attitude that makes it hard to be in a relationship with.
4. They’re selfish in bed! If he doesn’t care about your orgasm and is bored and disgraced as soon as he gets his rocks off, then he’s not worth it.
5. They’re constantly saying no when it comes to compromise or giving in, in a situation or argument. They always have an excuse or reason and always blaming other people.